|This article is a stub. You can help the Animanga Wiki by , or perhaps you could contribute to discussion on the topic.|
VRV (pronounced "verve") is an umbrella streaming service launched in November 2016 that is owned by Otter Media, a subsidiary of AT&T's WarnerMedia. The service bundles together anime, speculative fiction and gaming related channels and the service targets these large fandoms.
Some of VRV's content can be streamed for free, while other content requires a subscription. The subscriptions to its channels can be purchased individually, or in a premium bundle. VRV is currently available only in the United States, despite some of its partnered content being available for viewing worldwide outside the platform.
VRV officially launched and became available on November 14, 2016.
Anime channels Edit
- Crunchyroll - available at launch on November 14, 2016 (announced June 14, 2016) to present
- HIDIVE - available October 18, 2018 (when it replaced Funimation) to present
- Non-anime, but animation related
- Boomerang - a "second flagship" brand alongside Cartoon Network
- Mondo Media - animation targeted at teens and young adults
- Rooster Teeth - a production company known for anime-like shows RWBY and gen:LOCK
- Funimation - from November 14, 2016 (announced September 29, 2016) to October 18, 2018 (when it was replaced by HIDIVE)